Thinkorswim Partially Delayed Data
As a day trader or active investor, it is important to have access to real-time data. Thinkorswim is a popular trading platform for many traders, however, some users have reported that the data on the platform is partially delayed so we will show you how to fix this problem so that you can access real-time data on Thinkorswim.
First thing is make sure you have completed the exchange agreements when you open and set up your account.
Fixing Thinkorswim Partially Delayed Data: Quote Speed
Then to fix the problem of Thinkorswim partially delayed data:
- Go to the Upper right hand corner click Setup (cog icon)
- Then go to Application settings
- Then System
- Then Quote speed > real time ( No delay )
So if your exchange agreements are signed and they're still asking you to pay it's because you mark yourself as a professional and you need to contact Thinkorswim to change that.
Fixing Thinkorswim Partially Delayed Data: Calculation Settings
Another check to do is your calculation settings which you can find on:
- Thinkorswim setup menu,
- then select application settings,
- then choose calculations.
- The options you are looking for will be under analyse data recalculation menu.
If you use steady which is often the default there can be a delay of up to 30 seconds so you will want to select real-time which of course means no delay.
Another option is to use "fast" which has a maximum delay of 5 seconds between updates.
So these settings are based around your needs for real-time data balanced with how fast your device is and internet connection.
Fixing Thinkorswim Partially Delayed Data: Professional Traders
Another possible solution is for professional traders, and to try is to make sure you have configured the following settings correctly
- You will need to log in to your TD Ameritrade account and
- Go to the "Client Services" tab.
- Then, scroll down to the "General" section and make sure that your status is set to "professional"
- Once you have done this, you will need to go to the "Subscriptions" tab and
- Subscribe to both the real-time level 2 quotes and the Streaming News service.
- After you have done this, you should be able to access real-time data on Thinkorswim.
Another good tip thing to note is that if you have problems to simply log out and log back in again so that the system can update when you change settings.
Thinkorswim Partially Delayed Data for Paper Traders
If you are a Paper Trader then this account is not connected to your main account. You possibly may need to contact support, live chat is best, and then get them to connect and associate your Live account with your paper account and then you should have real-time data.
However you will need a minimum of $500 in your account to receive live data as the technology to provide this service is costly for Thinkorswim.
A common question asked is are you able to get this data for free?
It was possible in the past but now you need this $500 minimum as of approximately the middle of 2020.
Hopefully one of the solutions above helps to solve your problem.
After learning about Thinkorswim Partially Delayed Data, you can check out MACD Crossover Alert on Thinkorswim, What is Custom Expression Subscription Limit Exceeded on Thinkorswim? and Thinkorswim Memory Usage Settings.