Charles Schwab Travel Notice
If you're planning on traveling out of state or to a different country, it's important to let your bank or broker know in advance as this will help prevent your debit card from being flagged as potentially stolen.
As a trader or investor we want to minimize any disruptions to our workflow, and if you are a Charles Schwab customer then they make it easy for you to set a travel notice using their Schwab Mobile app.
How to set a travel notice with Charles Schwab
It can be a little awkward to find where you enter your travel date data, so follow these steps:
- To start, log in to the Schwab Mobile app.
- From the home screen, go to "Notice Entry" by selecting the "More" icon in the bottom right corner of any screen.
- From the list of options, hit "Client Service." and then "Travel Notice."
- Next click "Add Travel." which brings you to the Notice Entry.
- From here you hit "Select Card or Account" and choose the relevant account you wish to place your travel notice on.
- You can now set your travel dates by clicking on "From" window and enter your departure date and then tap the "To" window to add in the date you return.
- You can then let Charles Schwab know where they can expect your card or account to show up by tapping "Add destination".
- Simply type the state or country you plan to travel to and make your selection.
- Once this is done then all the main information has been submitted and you just need to hit "Continue", then you will be asked to review all the information to see that it is correct.
- Finally you can tap "Submit Travel Notice".
And that's it done. Hopefully you should not have to deal with any inconvenience while you are travelling and the notice will terminate on the date you have provided.